Education Ireland is dedicated to the development and promotion of Ireland as an international education centre of excellence. The Education Ireland brand is managed by Enterprise Ireland
Education was a key factor in making Ireland one of the fastest growing economies in the world over the past decade.
Ireland’s long-standing tradition of providing exceptional education began with 6th century Irish scholar-monks, who travelled throughout Europe establishing centres of learning. Ireland’s long and honourable tradition in educational excellence is recognised the world over. Successive modern governments have continued to regard education as a key priority and investment in this area has been sustained for a long time. This has resulted in one of the highest education participation rates in the world today.
WHY STUDY IN IRELAND AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
1. Irish people are among the most enriching reasons to study in Ireland.
2. Ireland is an English speaking country. Some of the great writers in English literature have come from Ireland.
3. Ireland has a reputation for being a safe and welcoming country to live in ranking 12th in the 2009 Global Peace Index.
4. Ireland has one of the best education systems in the world according to the independent IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2009 (ranks 8th)
5. Irish education is of the highest international quality.The quality of the Irish education system is a major contributing factor to the rapid rate of economic growth Ireland has experienced over the last few decades.
6. Ireland’s small open economy has achieved deep integration within the world economy. Among the key factors contributing to this has been the Irish education system in general, and the higher education system in particular. Almost one thousand overseas companies use Ireland as their European base including Google, Intel, Yahoo, Adobe, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Apple and Amazon.com to name but a few!
7. Irish higher education institutions are widely recognised for excellence in many disciplines.
8. Ireland is recognised as an international location for high quality scientific research.
9. Ireland has a young vibrant population, with 36% of the population under the age of 25, Ireland is one of the most exciting places in the world to be a student.
10. Ireland is beautiful – much of the countryside remains unspoilt providing an excellent natural habitat for a flourishing flora and fauna. Ireland’s landscape provides a rich environment for the many outdoor leisure pursuits for which it is famous. Watersports, hill walking, rocking climbing and caving are just a few of the many activities which can be enjoyed when taking a break from study
11. Ireland is a global centre of artistic and cultural excellence.
12. Ireland has a rich cultural heritage with its own distinctive language (Gaelic) music, culture and sports.
13. Ireland is a dynamic, lively and modern country.
14. Ireland is a highly developed democracy with a modern economy. The Irish economy is particularly strong in the areas of software development, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and international services.
15. Investment in research and “4th level” education is a key plank in developing Ireland as a knowledge society in the new global economy.
Only students attending a full time course of at least one year’s duration leading to a qualification recognized by the Minister for Education and Science will be entitled to take up casual employment defined as up to 20 hours part time work per week or full time work during normal college vacation periods. The course you intend to study must be listed on the internationalization register. This can be viewed on the website of the Department of Education and Science.